Thursday, June 27, 2013

Birthday Party Favor & Recap

Almost 3 weeks ago the kiddos had a big birthday bash.  Their birthdays are just 11 days apart (separated by 2 years) so we were able to have a bunch of family out to the house as well as a couple really close friends.  I wanted to give a small favor out to everyone and saw this really cute s'more party favor at Spaceships & Laserbeams and I knew I'd have to recreate it!

I found these blue take out boxes at The Dollar Tree.  They were three for a buck.  Then, I stuffed them full of goodies, cut a piece of pink paper into a strip and attached the paper with photo squares on each end.  Finally, I added a piece of twine and a smarty-pants tag.  Done & Done!  


Since I'm taking a trip back in time, I might as well show you a few other little details from the par-tay! I ordered paper globes from Oriental Trading Party Supplies.  They were fairly inexpensive but added a lot of color to the yard. Also, I'll be able to use them again because they held up great! (Even though we left them out overnight!)  But the best part of the paper globes was that I had a very handsome guy help me hang them all :)  Thank honey!


My mom brought the birthday smash cake for the little man and a matching pink cake for the little lady. Cupcakes for the rest of us!  Oh my! They were amazing!  Nobody believed that they didn't come from a bakery because they were just so perfect!  My mom is a really good baker!  She has a job for life.


The kids had Christmas in June but possibly the gift that received the greatest chuckle from all the guests was this t-shirt.  How adorable and horribly funny is that?


The party was so much fun and we are so thankful for all of the family and friends who love our kiddos almost as much as we do.

Janice

4 comments:

  1. Wish I had a cupcake now! I found some little lights for your globes, I will need to remember to give them to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me! When I was writing that post I was craving a cupcake, again! And yay for little lights! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a fun party! Dying over those s'mores favors...and the shirt is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope your move is going well! So excited to see what you do with your new place!

      Delete

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)