Monday, May 6, 2013

Gotta Get It In The Ground

"Gotta get it in the ground before the rain comes down!" That's a line my husband has been throwing around a lot recently from a country song he heard on the radio.  It's even cuter hearing our almost three year old say it!

Unfortunately, it started raining AS I was planting everything but I didn't let that stop me.  The rain felt strangely refreshing as I was digging in the ground.  


I picked up 7 different types of tomato plants (two of which are cherry tomatoes), 2 different cucumbers, broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, red, yellow, orange, and green bell peppers, romaine, red romaine, spinach, and a few herbs.  I am really hopeful that we'll have quite the crop this summer.




It makes me nervous since I am known to not have much of a green thumb.  Gardening is such a mystery to me.  I really dislike the trial and error of the planting and growing process.  It would make me much happier if it was a cut and dry, black and white activity.  Maybe this experience will make me appreciate the complexity of growing our own food.  Or maybe I'll discover it's not as complicated as I'm imaging.  I'm just thankful that our water hose is about 2 feet away from the vegetables.  I think that will help tremendously!


I can't wait to give you an update on how things are going out in the garden throughout the summer.  I just hope that the "after picture" won't be a bunch of brown, crispy plants!  Keep the rain coming!

Have you started a vegetable garden this year?  Are you continuing a vegetable garden from previous years?  Nervous to take the jump into vegetables?  Me too!

Happy Growing!
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)