Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Cleaning: Master Bathroom Closet



How is it that areas of the house always seem to get out of order just when you think you've tamed them?  I have this love hate relationship with our linen closet in our master bathroom.  I love it as soon as I clean it out and organize it.  I hate it when I have to do the dirty work.

This is what greeted me as I went to get a new towel this morning from our closet.  It's wanting to be organized with pretty white baskets and everything.  But things are just out of control!




Has anyone come up with a way to clean, purge, and organize without making the room a complete disaster zone?  No?  Oh, good. I'm glad it's not just me.


Once I organized things how I wanted and got the baskets situated, I wanted to make tags to encourage good behavior from the family.  I wanted to keep it simple & nearly free so I used paint chips that I had left over from trying to pick paint colors for the bathroom vanity and walls.  Clearly none of these we used, but I'm smitten with a few!


I used my silhouette cameo and cut out a basic girly shape.  I simply hand wrote the labels.

The Sleep Aids / Digestive tag was an ironic coincidence that I didn't notice until I was writing out the tag.  My dad has always had a (pretty gross) joke about making sure to never take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.  This made me laugh for a while.


Since the paint chip colors were so neutral, I decided to pair it with a bright ribbon I already had on hand.


Our medicine basket was always the messiest.  I tried something new this time, though.  I made a separate baskets for cold/allergy, pain relief, and sleeping aid/digestive.  Hopefully now when we need a particular item, we'll know where to go instead of having to dig around in one big basket.

 

It's so nice to not have over flowing baskets again!  


Have you been labeling anything to encourage yourself and family to stay organized?  Do little things like pink bows make you smile when you reach for a new can of shaving cream?

-Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a question and your profile is attached to your email address, I'll send you an email! If not, check back here and I'll leave your response under your comment. Don't have a question? I'd love for you to say "hello", anyway! :)